Wednesday 16 January 2013

KBShimmer Winter Collection Swatches - my picks

Pin It
L-R: Hex Appeal, Berry Christmas, All Decked Out, Cocoa Nut, Sugar Plum Faerie

KBShimmer's Winter 2012/13 Collection is possibly their best yet! I picked up my five favourites after Christmas (when they were back in stock finally!!).


All Decked Out




All Decked Out has a swampy, dark green jelly base with various sizes gold, blue, red, green, orange and purple hex glitter and little gold stars. It's not really hard to get the stars out but they fall off the end of my brush back into the bottle if I'm not careful. I  love this shade of green, but not for this polish. I just feel like it'd be a better Christmas polish if it was more evergreen, a bit brighter, you know? Very cool though. Two-three coats.


Berry Christmas




Berry Christmas has a warm red base with tons of red, pink and purple hex glitter and gold micro-glitter. Probably my favourite from the collection but it dries textured and looks kind of lumpy unless you add some thick layers of top coat. I'm not wearing quite enough in the photos. Two coats.


Cocoa Nut




 Cocoa Nut is a warm nutty chocolate brown with gold, pink and lavender holo glitters. Another two coater that does well with a couple of thick layers of top coat. Yum!



Hex Appeal



 Hex Appeal is a navy jelly with silver, blue, fuchsia and purple glitters. It's a real glitter bomb with bar, hex and fine square shaped glitters. The formula is beautiful for such a glitter paced beauty. Two coats.


Sugar Plum Faerie



 Sugar Plum Faerie is another beauty! A warm medium/light purple with green, lavender, pink and blue glitters. Again a great formula for a glitter packed lacquer. Two coats.


You can buy direct from KB Shimmer's website or Etsy shop if you are in the USA. Internationals can purchase KB Shimmer nail polish from Harlow & Co.

Did you get your hands on any?


xxx
NPA

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great swatches! I have two fave Hex Appeal and Sugar plum faerie! why are they sold out?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sugar Plum Faerie sooo gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These nail colors are all so pretty. Love each and every color shown here. I find them all elegant and classy which makes them perfect for any occasion.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from all my fabulous readers, but please do not link bomb here. If you would like me to check out your blog or other link please email me (PR/Contact tab above) instead. I will endeavour to reply to all questions/comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...